Sunday, January 23, 2011

WIAT (weekend edition)

Because I ate several nice things this weekend, this is not so much what I ate today as what I ate this weekend...

First up: Home cooked pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw. Very nice.

Complete list and more photos in the Hall...

For the pork, I started with a rub...


Well, maybe I started with the meat. In any case, it's a chicken/egg question...


The meat (pork sholder, incidentally) and the rub, together at last, in my cast iron dutch oven...


Close up of the finished product...


And, because I was too lazy to make pie, and because the one coffee shop I went to all weekend had no pie, cheese cake... (I rather liked the coffee shop, Kokkino. real neighbourhood feel. I forgive the no pie thing).

 

Friday night, watching the local team destroy one of our rivals, I also ate more tacos than was strictly good for me, at Nacho Libre.

Luckily, I burned many calories this weekend thrifting. More to come on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment